We’re committed to preventing the modern day pirates from defrauding our brokers and customers. However new statistics from ABI 2016 show just how active fraudsters are today. As today is ‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’ we thought we’d share with you a few tips on how to help prevent fraudsters getting through. Our commitment to fighting fraud is helping to keep insurance premiums as low as possible for our honest customers.
Our counter attack!
There is no time for complacency and our industry must continue to evolve and strengthen its fight against fraud together. Anti-fraud tools can be quite costly but there are a number of things you can do to stop the fraudster getting through the front door.
Click this message in a bottle to find out what the pirate fraudsters are up to and discover what you can do to help stop them below.
- Use address verification at payment stage.
- Mitigate costs and exposure is ensuring 3D secure is turned on
- A number of brokers have started to build their own data warehouse of quote history, this allows them to identify fraud or quote manipulation
- Watch out for multiple applications under one cookie address
- Update social privacy settings on your social accounts – Think about how many of these security question answers are on your accounts:
- Mothers madden name
- First pets
- Teacher’s names
- Memorable dates
These are just a few tips that along with your current fraud processes and our support, will keep us prepared to fight fraud together!
atheart.lv.com stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk abi.org.uk